Ah! Zucchini Fritters. These little delights really are my go to for a quick and easy meal. You can combine as little or as much as you like so they have the potential to become a nutritional powerhouse for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. There really is no right or wrong way to make these either so they are the perfect meal to cook where you to start tailoring to your own tastes, including any favourite ingredients and avoiding any you don’t quite enjoy. Get creative, mix it up and discover how you like them!
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 – 2 eggs
Optionals (mix and match or make up your own):
- 2 – 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced finely
- small amount of capsicum slice finely
- small amount of red onion diced
- handful baby spinach sliced finely
- 2 mushrooms sliced
you can also add;
- 1 tbs self raising flour or other flour alternative of choice
- cheese of choice; parmesan, feta or good old tasty cheese
- any other vegetable you desire
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Be sure you mix the egg thoroughly (you can beat with a fork or whisk prior to adding all other ingredients)
- Spray a pan with olive oil or use butter if you like.
- Place a spoonful of mixture in the pan. Cook each side for approximately two minutes
- You can eat these by themselves or serve with a good leafy green salad.
- You can make them ahead of time and prepare for meals on the road, for lunches to take to work or they are simply perfect as a complete meal on days that you just don’t have the time or energy to cook. Much quicker, easier and more cost effective than takeaway and you are filling your body with the good stuff it craves! Win Win!!